Someday, when we finally have all the images added back into our posts that pre-dated the great and terrible Hacking Incident of 2013, I will finally feel like my Christmas wish has come true. In the mean time, I will settle for lots of presents.
Here are some that intrigue me. And, yes, I put Funko Pop Walking Dead dolls on the list again, because 1) Bex already gave me the adorable new “Rick with a knife” doll and I love it, and 2) they just keep putting out more, and they are all horribly adorable.
7. T-Shirts from Outofprintclothing.com. In the past, I have recommended some of the literature-themed t-shirts from Modcloth.com, and I still think that site has some interesting offers. Out of Print Clothing, however, has a much wider selection of book-themed shirts, and a slightly more reasonable price. The picture here is of their Origin of the Species shirt, which you will recognize from my DragonCon 2011 picture with the cast of Being Human (well, the two Sam’s anyway. . . you have to look carefully for Mr. Witwer). They’ve got a ton to choose from, so I encourage you to check out the site.
8. Fluxx, the BOARD GAME! You know I love me some Looney Labs. I haven’t had a chance to play their newest version of Fluxx, this one in board-game format, but it looks AWESOME! Perfect for the light-gamer on your list. 9. Funko Pop Walking Dead dolls, again, suckas! They’ve got tons of new, adorable dolls to choose from, including Michonne, Michonne’s “pets,” and good ol’ Merle Dixon. You can also get Rick at every stage in the gradual destruction of his spirit. I can’t get over these things. They also have just about any other fandom you’d want covered, including Game of Thrones, The Avengers, and Watchmen. If there’s a collector on your list, you gotta check these out.
10. Preacher comics. Let’s get ready for the re-read together. Oh, did I mention we’ll be leading a re-read of the Preacher comics in 2014? You bet we will. There are rumors that AMC may actually be adapting them into a TV show in the relatively near future, and that news has us all atwitter. Given the intense violence and total blasphemy of the content, this may seem like a weird suggestion for the holiday season, but Garth Ennis crafted one of the best stories of the 1990s in these comics, and they’d make a great gift for any friend who somehow missed out. Or for yourself. Why not?
11. NASA NESTING DOLLS!!! Listening to The Nerdist podcast, and their recent interviews with several astronauts has re-ignited my adolescent love of all things space. These nesting dolls are Ahhhh-dorable (or, should I say, “adorkable”?) and any money that goes to NASA is money well spent, in my book. Click the image to be taken to the site for purchase. 12. Hey, remember that time we did the Sandman re-read and Neil Gaiman tweeted about it twice, and then we met him in Charleston and he totally remembered us and now we’re best friends and stuff? Well, you better believe WE remember it. So, buy all his stuff, all the time. Including The Absolute Sandman box-set. Because, awesomeness. (Note: some of the posts linked to above are still waiting for image re-upload after our hacking incident. Sorry about that!)Well folks, that wraps up another year’s worth of gift recommendations. Next year, I promise: no more Walking Dead dolls or book-based t-shirts. To be fair, Bex took all the Doctor Who stuff this year (hmph!), so I had to rely on my old standbys.
What about you? What’s on your wish-list this year? What great finds have you come across for others?
- A Little Something for the Fellas
- A Little Something for the Ladies
- Avengers Boot Camp
- Before the Movie – Trailers
- Books and Comics
- Editorials and Reviews
- Geek of the Week
- Miscellaneous Geekery
- Preacher Project
- Sandman Re-Read
- Three Favorite Things
TagsA Game of Thrones Angel avengers boot camp bex bex and proffitt book reviews bruce willis buffy Buffy the Vampire Slayer Captain America Chris Evans Chris Hardwick chris hemsworth comic books Doctor Who Dream Firefly game of thrones geek of the week gift ideas good girls gone geek HBO horror movies Iron Man jeremy renner Joss Whedon Kickstarter Lost Milla Jovovich Morpheus movie reviews movie trailers neil gaiman proffitt rachel proffitt rebecca narkiewicz Resident Evil Sandman re-read scary movies Supernatural The Avengers The Walking Dead thor titan books Zombies