The Sandman Project has now come to an end. Thank you so much to all who participated. We had a fantastic time! The posts are still up, of course, and we will absolutely still be reading comments from readers, so if you are new to our site and happen to be reading The Sandman series, click on “The Sandman Project” category tab and you will be taken to all our posts.
Update, 6/7/11 0- a giant thank you to Neil Gaiman for not only retweeting our link, but sending it out again with well wishes the very next day. Truly, we are amazed and giggling and crying and laughing and grateful.
I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers doing “re-watches” these days. LOST, Buffy, Firefly – They all are getting tons of love from the geekverse and folks are having a lot of fun sharing ideas, laughs and tears as they go.
This summer, I’m taking this concept to the readers – I plan to finally make good use of my Absolute Sandman collection and begin a “re-read” blog as I journey through all four volumes. I can think of nothing more AWESOME than having this blog heavy on the group participation. If you would like take part in reading the series together and posting your thoughts, shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com or leave a comment here. Then, get together all the materials you need and get ready to start reading what is, for my money, one of the truest pieces of fiction I have ever read.
- The official first post date is set at June 5th, with all subsequent posts coming at two week intervals unless unexpected delays crop up. Once we get a feel for how the pacing is working out, I’ll post a schedule with all the novels and the dates I will be posting about each.
- I plan to built my posts around the graphic novels rather than individual issues of the comics. This means the one-shots will discussed out of original publication order.
- If you participate, there are no due dates or assignments. The schedule will be so you know when I will be posting. You can read and post comments at your own pace. If you do want to read (or at least start) at the same pace as myself, sometime in the next two and a half weeks or so, make your way through Preludes and Nocturnes and you’ll be good to go for the June 5th start date!
- If you have never read the series before, you are still welcome to participate, but be prepared for spoilers. Much of a re-read’s fun comes from commenting on foreshadowing and that is likely to ruin a few surprises for those new to the series.
I’m crazy excited about this, y’all. Lets read some BOOKS. – Proffitt
- A Little Something for the Fellas
- A Little Something for the Ladies
- Avengers Boot Camp
- Before the Movie – Trailers
- Books and Comics
- Editorials and Reviews
- Geek of the Week
- Miscellaneous Geekery
- Preacher Project
- Sandman Re-Read
- Three Favorite Things
- Proffitt on Nothing to See Here–The Slow Death of My Imagination
- Devin on Nothing to See Here–The Slow Death of My Imagination
- kristen on Avengers Boot Camp: S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Proffitt on A Little Somethin’ for the Ladies: You Should Probably Name Your Baby Chris Edition
- SJV on A Little Somethin’ for the Ladies: You Should Probably Name Your Baby Chris Edition
TagsA Game of Thrones Angel avengers boot camp bex bex and proffitt book reviews bruce willis buffy Buffy the Vampire Slayer Captain America Chris Evans chris hemsworth comic books Doctor Who Dream Firefly game of thrones geek of the week gift ideas good girls gone geek HBO horror movies Iron Man jeremy renner Joss Whedon Kickstarter Lost Matt Smith Milla Jovovich Morpheus movie reviews movie trailers neil gaiman proffitt rachel proffitt rebecca narkiewicz Resident Evil Sandman re-read scary movies Supernatural The Avengers The Walking Dead thor titan books Zombies